The Rachael Queen Headboard Cushion Set
***9/15/2019 We are currently working on finding a new manufacturer for these incredibly popular headboards. Our first manufacturer couldn't maintain a reliable delivery schedule. We will notify you as soon as they're available again, via email, when you use the tab on the left to receive emails when it's back in stock.
It's here and we know you're as pumped as we are about these leather headboard cushion sets. Each set is handmade here in NC with old school techniques and craftsmanship by a company that's owned by a woman. Shown here, you see the queen mounted above a standard queen size bed.
Rich cognac colored aniline dyed leather covers the fronts, sides, and 3/4 of the back. The remainder of the back is finished in black muslin with a zipper in case you want to remove the 100% Polyester filled inserts. Each set will be made from the same cowhide so, even though aniline dyed leather has variations in colors and textures to show off the grain of each cowhide, you can rest assured each of your cushions will come from the same dye lot since they're from the same hide.
This type of leather can scratch and while that adds to the character of each piece, leather cleaner or plain beeswax will help blend in a scratch that might bother you. Just like your favorite leather bag, these cushions will wear and last for many years to come.
- Each cushion is approximately 31" Wide x 3" Deep (thick) x 19.5" High.
- Straps are 2" long from the top of the cushion to the crease of the strap.
- Overall the cushions hang approximately 21" from the 1.5" round rod we used in these photos. Your hanging length could be different based on the width of the rod you choose.
- We highly recommend that you wait until you have your set of cushions before you hang your rod.
- Each set is made to order and will be shipped to you in approximately 4 weeks from the order date. We will notify you with tracking via email as soon as they ship!
- Does not include the hanging rod
- Made to order & cannot be returned/exchanged.
We recommend a "French Drapery Rod" to hang to give it a flush-to-the-wall feel. I used this one from Target:
I just received my headboard yesterday and are waiting for the weekend to hang it. But I can already tell you that this will be the feature in my bedroom. The leather color and wear are perfect. They are substantial... I kind of imagined this as being a thin little thing. They are not. It is essentially a leather pillow board and it's PERFECT. I don't know how long they are meant to keep but this could easily be an heirloom piece (and the construction matches).