Extra Large Cobalt Unity Basket
The three-line pattern on this Fair Trade basket is known as the "unity" design and symbolizes the three ethnic groups that divided Rwanda in 1994, but who now work together to heal wounds from the past.
Weaving cooperatives act as support networks and places to exchange knowledge and build relationships, creating a natural fabric of unity in rural and far reaching places across Rwanda. Weavers heal through the collective effort of working toward the same purpose and goal: to create beauty with their own hands and earn an income together, with the same goals of creating a brighter future.
In the end, hearts and lives weave together in new ways that strengthen the bonds between individuals, allowing them to move forward on common ground.
- Approximately 5” tall and 14” wide
- Made in Rwanda
- Product is made from all natural fibers of sisal and sweet grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Basket has a hang loop on the back for wall décor
- Safe to use with food
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.